Innovative and solid design
- Smooth extension thanks to UHMW (ultra high molecular weight) plastic bushings.
- Reliable holding with spring loaded stainless steel pin that easily locks into holes drilled every 12″.
- Easy extension with a unique divot drilled into the inner pole ahead of each hole so you can very easily see how to align the pole to lock the pin.
- Easy release of the outboard end with a very low stretch 1/8″ (3mm) cord that can be triggered from the inboard end.
- Easy adjustment of the pole length, even when in use, because we designed the pole to have the fixed end attached to the genoa, thereby keeping the pin end closer to the mast.
- Solid retainer ring prevents the pole from being over-extended and ensures that there is a 2′ overlap between the pole segments when fully extended.
- 1.5″ and 2″ anodized 6061 aluminum tubing with 1/16″ wall thickness for great balance of strength and weight.
- UV resistant bushings slide very smoothly.
- Stainless steel 3/8″ spring-loaded pin provides a reliable lock.
- Resin reinforced end fittings with stainless steel wear liner and solid reliable spring loaded release pin.
- 6 custom machined components made to exacting standards.
- Careful multi-stage manufacturing/assembly process (machining/drilling, pre-assembly, re-machining, cleanup, anodizing, final assembly, quality assurance testing).
We are in the Toronto area, and proudly Canadian. Buy your whisker pole from us.