Great NEW design:
In 2017 we re-designed our bowsprit to take the best elements of the previous 2 and add some further improvements. This gives you the ability to easily lock the pole into position or remove it in seconds for storage or cruising. Only a folding pad eye on the usable part of your deck so no tripping hazards. Ability to add a 2nd folding pad eye so you can have an extended and retracted position for the pole.
- 3 fixed length option of 5′ , 6′ , and 7′ long
- 3″ diameter with a hefty 0.25″ wall thickness of 6061 anodized aluminum
- aft end locks down on a folding 11/32″ pad eye
- forward end has stainless eye bolts for increased wear resistance
- forward locking mechanism has been totally re-designed to open up
- 7″ long x 2″ wide x 4.5″ high
- can easily open to remove pole (lift it out) as opposed to sliding it back into your cabin top or forward off the boat
- bolts down using regular bolts (not supplied as required length will differ by boat)
- minimizes the amount of hardware remaining on deck when removed
If you are interested in one of these poles, please contact us at email@example.com.
$725Cdn ($580US). This includes one 11/32″ folding pad eye. 2nd pad eye available for $50Cdn ($40US).
Not included are bolts/nuts/washers for mounting pad-eye and forward ring, packaging, delivery, shipping.
BRIDLE or BOBSTAY:
Note that the force on the forward attachment point of the bowsprit is upto 2x more than the pull of the Gennaker at the tack. This will easily hold in 10-15 knot winds sailing downwind but with heavier winds or when the sail collapses and then POPs open, or when sailing on a beam or close reach, the stresses are much higher. If you plan to sail using this bow sprit in adverse conditions it is recommended to add a bridle (also known as a bobstay) from the forward end of the pole down to a pad eye on the leading edge of the boat closer to the waterline. This should be a non-stretch cable or line to take the majority of the pulling force of the sail. Only you can assess how hard you push your boat.